Posted on 25. Jan, 2013 by Sophie Rosen
Join us on Wednesday, February 20th from 6:00pm-9:00pm at 2601 Tulane Ave. on the 2nd floor for a free Fair Housing University training on How to be a Good Landlord. This free training for small landlords will cover your basic responsibilities under the federal Fair Housing Act and an overview of Louisiana landlord-tenant law including:
- Protected classes & transactions under the Fair Housing Act
- Reasonable modification and accommodation for people with disabilities
- Discriminatory harassment
- Creating advertisements that comply with fair housing law
- Leases & evictions
- Security deposits & repairs
The presentation will include case studies and best practices tailored to the needs and experiences of small landlords. Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
This training is FREE but registration is required. For more information, feel free to contact our Education Coordinator, Sophie Rosen, at email@example.com or (504) 596-2100 x.109.